Legislative Lottery Scholarship
The Legislative Lottery Scholarship helps pay tuition expenses for New Mexico high school graduates (or GED recipients) who plan to attend an eligible New Mexico public college or university.
Students establish eligibility in the first regular semester immediately following their high school graduation and funding begins in the second college semester. To find out more about scholarships for the first regular semester, contact the financial aid or scholarship office at your college or university.
Legislative Lottery Scholarship FAQs
Important changes to the Legislative Lottery Scholarship!
How much is the award?
· Tuition only
· Renewable if student maintains satisfactory progress and full-time status
· May receive scholarship for a total of eight (8) consecutive semesters
What are the eligibility requirements?
· New Mexico residents
· Graduated from a New Mexico public high school, an accredited New Mexico private high school, or have obtained a New Mexico GED.
· Home Schooled students are eligible only if they pass the New Mexico GED.
· Must be enrolled full-time and complete 12 credit hours, and a 2.5 grade point average at an eligible New Mexico public college or university, in the first regular semester immediately following their high school graduation.
· Enroll full-time
Contact the Financial Aid Office at the college or university to inquire about the Legislative Lottery Scholarship.